Monday, September 25, 2006

Keebler Cousins

Either Foster has learned to use his paws to do more than beg for treats or I have an elf infestation.

I first suspected something was amiss when I woke up the yesterday to find the pajama pants that I had discarded before going to bed (I pretty much only use them for late night dog walking) half way up my legs. Not fully pulled up mind you, but well up over my knees.

But last night left no doubt about the existence of the late night helpers. I woke up this morning in an oddly elevated, yet comfortable, position that seemed very different from when I went to bed. When I finally got around to opening my eyes I found that one of my recently replaced pillows had found it's way from the floor at the foot of my bed to on top of my brand new pillow beneath my head. Even stranger, it's partner somehow ended up placed on top of my hamper, which not having a lid and almost the exact size of the pillow itself, required a perfect balancing act.

I've been living here for two years now and this is the first signs I've seen of these mysterious strangers. What made them finally come out? I'm not sure. Maybe it's just taken this long for them to get their nerve up to do more than steal the occasional sock or move my keys around, or maybe it's just been my hacking cough from this miserable cold that's been keeping them up and they just needed something to do to pass the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here