Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The current state of the DCCC

This is the latest ad from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. I don't know about you, but I don't think the best way to drum up support for your cause from the moderate voters is to use images of flag draped coffins in your campaign ads.

I can clearly visualize the editors in their offices putting this all together:
"Do we have anything military?"

"We have some video of guy in a helicopter. It does have a gun mounted on the front though. Can we use it?"

"It will have to do. I guess we don't have time to digitally change the gun to say, a walkie talkie do we? We don't want to appear too pro military you know."

"Probably not, and we only have out lunch breaks to get this thing put together. "

"Ok, use it as is then. Next, on the list .... black family?"

"Well we do have this picture that I copied from a Dell ad last week. "

"Perfect, perfect."

"Hispanic?"

"Check!"

"Something environmental?"

"I'm pretty sure there was a wind farm pic on the cover of that Cape Cod proposal in Senator Kennedy's trash basket."

"Ok, just photoshop out the water and add some grass and it'll work. "

"Dammit, we don't have any Asians!"

"I think we have some stalk of a kid on a swing who I'm pretty sure is Chinese or something."

"Perfect, queue it up. "

(Brief break as assistant scans through tape library)

"Got it!"

"Ok, so that's Asians?"

"Check and double check!"

Check out RedState and Blackfive for more.

In all seriousness, if anyone see even a hint of a proposal for this "new direction" the Dems want to take America, please drop me a line, I'm just not seeing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here