Saturday, June 10, 2006

Blogger

Blogger has been a bit wonky over the past couple of day, as anyone who happened to drop by here may have noticed. So for anyone who was wondering, yes I did know that my previous post appeared in triplicate, I just couldn't do anything about it.

All this raises the question, for a online resource run by one of the largest online companies in the world, namely Google, why is Blogger so touchy? Is this just one example of the greed of the nineties rearing it's ugly head? When uncontrolled tech purchases were seen as 'investments' even when there was no plan as to how to use them. Did Google ever have a real strategy for using Blogger to extend their empire? Will Foster ever stop waking me up at 6am to take him out for a walk?

I don't really know the answer to any of these questions but as long as Blogger remains free, which fits my budget perfectly, then I guess I'll just have to live with their problems. As the saying goes beggars can't be choosers, but that doesn't mean we can't keep bitchin' about it.

P.S. It may be a little indicative of the level of caring at Google towards Blogger that the Blogger spell check still doesn't recognize the words Blogger or Google. They can reveloutionize the art of internet search but they can't type 2 words into a dictionary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here