Tuesday, March 07, 2006

R.I.P.

It's a sad news day with the announcement of the deaths of both Kirby Puckett and Dana Reeve, the widow of Christopher Reeve.

While I didn't know a lot about Mrs. Reeve, having only seen her a few times in interviews, she seemed a very nice lady, and her death at the early age of 44, coming so quickly after the death of her husband, was unexpected, even with her announcement a few months ago of her lung cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family, especially her son, who at the age of just 14, has had to go through the pain of watching both of his parents die from lingering conditions.

I can't really explain why, but I have always been a fan of Kirby Puckett. Although my favorite team, when I actually watch baseball, has always been the Blue Jays, I liked players from all different teams and Puckett was always one of them. While his personal life may have been a bit of a mess, he always came across publicly, as a nice guy and that's how I'll remember him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here