Friday, February 17, 2006

Know your audience

It nice to see Victoria's Secret finally adding a new commercial to their line up. Not that I'm complaining mind you, just that they've been running the same commercial for the past few weeks during every prime time show. And sure the girl in the new 'Secret Embrace' ad is nice and all, but it's just not a VS ad without shots of Adriana, Gisele and Allesandra. And it wouldn't hurt to add a little Marisa or this girl to the mix either.

And just to make it look like I wasn't just writing this to give myself an excuse to browse the VS web site I'd like to mention two other commercials that have been getting a lot of air time lately.

On the more 'G' side of things, I think Tim Horton's wins hands down in the 'pulling on the ol' heart strings' category with their 'Asian Hockey Dad' commercial. You just can't help but smile after that 'give me back my picture' line.

And the worst Olympic inspired ad winner has to be the McDonald's commercial with the kid in the home built go-cart. I just can't get past that stupid grin on his face while he's riding his go-cart down the side walk, it's just not natural. They need to learn, beautiful girls in skimpy clothing can sell anything; well at least they'll keep you watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here