Monday, February 27, 2006

Foster, Smurfsbane??

I woke up Sunday morning to the sight of my dog sitting on the foot of the bed staring at me, nothing new there, that's his usual routine just before attacking my face with his tongue in an attempt to get me up to take him out. The difference this Sunday was that he didn't look the same as he did when I had closed my eyes the night before. The first thought that ran through my head was, "Great, Foster's joined a punk band", followed quickly by "Is he auditioning for the remake of Braveheart?" and "OMG, he's killed a Smurf!".

Despite the bright blue coloring all over his face and head I wasn't in too much of a hurry to get up instead opting for the sweet surrender into the arms of helpless ignorance figuring that whatever the real cause, there was probably little I could do to remedy the situation (I wasn't totally heartless, but I figured that if a creature 3 apples high had lost what in caparison would have equated to several pints of blood, there was nothing I could do for them now).

As it turned out, as is usually the case, the truth was nothing so dramatic, but nevertheless, much more devastating. Foster, in a fit of puppy rage, had attacked, and fatally wounded, my Staedler Liquid Ball pen. This Staedler was not just any pen, but my favourite Soduku solving pen. Not because of any inherent wisdom or luck in the pen itself, but because it flows so easily that no pressure at all is required against the delicate newsprint.

I tried to replace my lost pen with a regular Bic this morning, but it's just wasn't the same; the paper constantly threatened to tear, and when the writing at any sort of an angle, the ink flow was almost nonexistent. So my search for a suitable replacement begins; the current contender, a Pentel EnerGel with 0.8mm Cushion Point that I found on my desk. While the ink appears to flow pretty well, I won't know until tomorrow, reclined on my couch, just how good a replacement this Pentel will be.

I'll keep you posted.


P.S. In the case of the US/UAE Port deal, I'll have to come down in favour of the sale. I really hate to agree with Jimmy Carter on anything, but that's just the way I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here