Thursday, February 02, 2006

Compare and contrast

I'd just like to compare the Muslims reaction to the printing of political cartoons featuring Mohammed in a Danish paper, and then later in French and German amongst others as a sign of solidarity, to the Christian uprising to graphics like this one (from T-Shirt Hell) featuring images of Jesus.

My guess is while you haven't necessarily seen this particular shirt you've seen ones like it and I've yet to hear of any death threats of bomb scares over it. Although I guess the fact T-Shirt Hell is blocked by Websense as our office under the "tasteless" flag could be considered a kind of protest. But then again, there are much worse shirts than that one on their site.

(Personally, while I don't see myself ever wearing one, it still makes me chuckle)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here