Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Well it's done

Another year come and gone and Christmas vacation is gone the way of the Dodo. Nothing signals the end of the holiday season like that first day back at work. I must say though, that this Christmas vacation was just what I was looking for, home cooked food to the point of excess (honestly, how many times in one week can you eat meals consisting of roast beef, chicken, turkey etc.. with all the trimmings and not feel full), absolutely no responsibilities (with the exception of the occasional Tim Hortons run for a large black decaf for my mother) a high speed internet connection and a TV, VCR, DVD player and comfortable couch in my bedroom. I was so into 'relax' mode that I couldn't even come up with the energy to write a blog entry. Life was good.

About the only thing that could have made things a little better would be to have weather above the -29 (that's Celsius, without the windchill) that we seemed to have everyday. I would have liked to go out on ski-doo at least once but hey, Randor got a great deal on a ski-doo here in town so the dream is still alive.

And to top it all off I just gave myself a belated Christmas gift, a new 57" Toshiba Cinema Series high def TV. I know I shouldn't have, but hey that's just the type of guy I am, a giver.

Delivery is on Friday so looks like I may have to do some rearranging and cleaning up to make some room in my living room. I was actually looking more for a set that was 50" or below, but for less than 2 grand, I couldn't resist. The only real problem is my condo is only a two bedroom and after this behemoth shows up on Friday I'll have a total of 5 TVs (57", 32", 27", 26" 20"). I'm seriously running out of space to put them all. Needless to say, I won't be going to work on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here