Tuesday, October 18, 2005

'Lost' and Found

Mac's been pretty busy lately obsessing over the various twists and turns to the 'Lost' storyline. Unlike me, who was quite content to just watch it every week to see how things unfold, he's been browsing the Internet looking for interesting 'Lost' links. The fact there is only a half wall between our offices has resulted in me being dragged (not quite kicking and screaming) into his little obsession.

I have to admit, the online portion of the show is as interesting and convoluted as the regular weekly dose. Just the other day he pointed out these two links:

The Hanso Foundation
and
The Hanso Foundation (secured http)

Now while the main Hanso Foundation site has an interesting hidden link (just below the main list on the Active Projects page) the secured link was where the real gold lay. Originally it went to a blank page with the word bigspaceship1.com written on it.

Of course, that necessitated a visit to this site which, as of right now anyways, contains a picture of a polar bear just lazing about (fans of the show should recognize the significance of the polar bear immediately). There is also some sound playing and a more code title on the page.

The Morse code spells out the Devil's verse, a rather famous palindrome. But that's not the most interesting part. From what I've seen, a lot of people have managed to get that far. The part that truly shows the level of fanaticism of MacDaddy, is that he took it upon himself to capture the picture to his screen and play around with it a bit. Essentially just applying some color to it. To both of our surprise a very clear map appeared with a very interesting addition at the bottom.

Now I have no idea what this means exactly, and while I won't really be doing too much research into it I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow Mac has identified the island chain pictured, but just in case he hasn't, I'm putting out a call; "Does anyone out there recognize these islands?".

It's just scary to think about just how many possibilities there are for this show. At least it doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon so there is a chance we will get to see it play out. But then again, I've been waiting for years for any storyline to come to a conclusion on Alias, so I won't let my hopes get too high that we'll actually find out anything concrete this season.

Update:
In a major "Why didn't I think of that!" moment, I got the hint over at Lost Talk.info to try .org at the end of bigspaceship1 instead of the .com and guess what, yet another mysterious, apparent dead end site. This is just getting crazy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks muchly for the comment -- I see the map now.

I wonder how much influence the Lost creative team has with the websites, and if they choose the clues that get hidden and really get to incorporate them into the show's "mythology."

October 18, 2005 5:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here