Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Weiser G., March 27, 1998 - September 13, 2005

At approximately 10:50 this evening, Weiser, my pet ferret for the past 7 and a half years, suffered a massive seizure in his cage and died.

He was a great ferret who could always be counted on to bring a smile to your face with his uncanny ability to get into the most amazing places, and when caught, to give the most innocent look of anyone you'd ever seen.

And then there's the fact that he was always there to act as the big brother and keep Miller out of trouble (about the only reason I would often leave the cage open while I was gone to work).


While he had been sick for the past several months, the timing of his death still came as a surprise. As of the writing of the post, his 'brother' Miller still doesn't know he will now be the sole resident of the cage they shared for the past 7 years.

It's just sad to think that after this scene being an almost daily occurrence for so long I will never see it again.

I'm still dreading having to tell my nieces and nephews that he's gone. The first place they always went to whenever they were visiting would be the cage to wake up Miller and Weiser, usually much to Weiser's chagrin =). And my neighbor is likely to require a few days off work to deal with Weiser's passing.

R.I.P. Weiser. You will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here