Thursday, July 07, 2005

7/7

It's hard to turn on your computer, television or radio without seeing some news about the tragic events in London earlier this morning. I'd like to extend my deepest sympathies to those that lost family members or friends in the bombings today and hope for speedy recoveries for those that survived.

It appears that Al-Queada was attempting to do to the British what they succeeded in doing in Spain, namely, cause the people to rebel against their governments support of the WOT. What they do not seem to understand is that the British have a long tradition of not backing down from fights. Even in the darkest days of the World War II where bombings of London were a regular occurrence, the British stood their ground. If nothing else this type of heinous attack against civilians will only make their resolve stronger.

Just as they did not expect the Americans response to 9/11 to be so direct and overwhelming, (and this seems odd to say) I fear Al-Queada and their various related groups may have no idea what they are in for.

On a bit more of a personal note, I still remember my short stay in London almost 15 years ago. While it was only for a few days I do remember having a great time just wandering around with some friends. The closest I came to having a bad experience was when I tried to buy the Batman soundtrack (the musical score not the Prince version) and found that they were out. The clerk was even nice enough to take the time to look through almost their entire inventory to try to find me one but to no avail. (There were also those Texan girls we met at the hotel, but that's another story.) Of all the places I visited in Europe on that trip, London was probably the place I'd most like to return to.

May God bless London and the UK and somehow make something positive come out of this time of tragedy.


Here are just a couple of links to some sites with more info or insights:
Michelle Malkin
Protein Wisdom
Captain's Quarters
Iowahawk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here