Friday, March 18, 2005

Thanks be to Tom!

Well that was quick.

One quick glimpse at Tom's comment about the BadgerBadger song, and more importantly his accompanying pic, and I remembered what it was I was thinking of while reading the paper.

This story about a call to have cats (not lions and tigers but "fluffy" and "Mr. Bangles") removed from the protected species list in Wisconsin so that they could legally be hunted by anyone with a small game license. Technically this would be feral cats only but the definition of feral is basically any cat without apparent proof of ownership, such as a collar.

While I'm not really a "cat" person, even with science to back it up, I find it hard to declare "open season" on the little pests. Though, the next time I get my car washed and 'Free Loader' decides to take the shortcut across my hood, my opinion just might change.

For the time being, I am happy enough to get my revenge by just releasing my ferrets. For some unknown reason, every cat in the neighborhood seems to run the opposite direction when they see the little weasels coming. =)

Funny(?) side note: as should come as no surprise, some animal lovers have called for an "open season" on the some of the people involved in this proposal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Thanks for the hat-tip!

I was normally a Rathergood man, with a little Weebl and Bob thrown in, but I had never seen that Kenya site.

March 19, 2005 1:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here