Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Amazing Race

Despite my best efforts to avoid it in the past, I think this year I'll
actually make an effort to watch the show.

I've probably only seen about 5 episodes in total over the past 6 Amazing Races and so far all I've figured out is this: If you truly like/love someone, NEVER become a team mate with them on The Amazing Race. Even the most calm, rational, loving couples seem to want to kill each other after the most minor of problems.

Of course there is also the designated "Team to Hate". You can usually pick this team out from the commercials. The team that is so full of themselves or nasty that you find yourself watching just so you can be one of the first to know when they've been eliminated. Even with my limited exposure to the show, I've almost always known which is the most hated team.

Picking out the "Team to Love", on the other hand, takes a little more time and effort then I was, in the past, willing to dedicated to yet another reality show.

This year I can get a jump start on choosing my TtH since Rob (of Survivor) is playing. It would take a miracle from on High for me to not consider Rob my TtH. Amber's presence on the team has little effect one way of the other.
So with that out of the way I can focus on finding my TtL and hopefully get a little more enjoyment out of the show.


Update (Spoiler Warning):
I've finally finished watching the first episode and all I can say is, "It was good while it lasted."

While I was right about how much I would dislike Rob, there was a more that expected amount of competition for my second least liked team.

In the first 5 minutes I could tell who was going to be eliminated. Not that I think there is any behind the scenes manipulations going on. Just that there was only one team that I found myself cheering for so I knew they wouldn't make it. From what I saw, Brian and Chuck (The Hillbillies) seemed like some of the nicest of this years group of contestants. Well, from what I've heard they may still get to fly around with the show until the finale.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christian McPherson said...

Rob and Amber are the team I love.
Rob is such a sneaky S.O.B. that you have to love him. Bic, dude, you have to change your mind on this one. I say good luck to the Godfather - aka, Boston Rob!
- MacDaddy

March 02, 2005 2:16 p.m.  
Blogger Christian McPherson said...

Rob and Amber, last night - first place!!!!!!

March 09, 2005 8:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here